Morning Peace

Morning  Peace

12/26/23

Shafted By Pepboys Repair Shop

 

Adventure Location:

Decatur, Alabama

Date: December 26, 2023



The OFM is still steaming over this event this afternoon. Here are the facts. PepBoys tire and Auto Repair here in Decatur Al received over $300 from the OFM several days ago to repair Sierra. It has not gone well. Sierra has been back to be re repaired a couple of times. Right before Christmas they thought that they had got it done. Today on the way to lunch Sierra went back to its misbehaving ways again. So right after lunch we took Sierra back for another try.

The store manager told the OFM to take it to a dealer, they were through trying. OK Where is my money we paid to get Sierra repaired and Sierra is not fixed? It has been used up trying to fix the truck. We do not feel that is right.

So now we have an appointment with the dealer to repair Sierra so we can hopefully get busy rolling in 2024.

JUST SAY NO TO PEPBOYS shops.



In the meantime everyone have fun while the OFM gets cooled down to join the fun.

4 comments:

  1. That ain't right. May this be a simple and inexpensive fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Barney. I had a similar experience with an auto repair chain here. They kept my Honda three weeks to repair a brake problem. They encountered one problem after another; blamed twice failed fixes on faulty parts. They said the supply chain for parts has not been corrected since Covid. Finally, they called the brake job done, but, strange. My two year old battery had died. Did I want them to put in a new one? No. They were able to charge the car well enough for me to drive it home. I had AAA come and put in a new battery. Phew. I thought I was home free. Drove the car to Walmart. All fine. Then. Very next day. I went to start the car. Dead battery! I called the garage. They would look at my car again, but up to me to get it to them. I had the car towed to a Honda specialty place.
    It took the mechanic there about 15 minutes to diagnose the problem. Turns out there is a small part called a "brake stop" that is connected near the brake pedal. Its function is to turn off the brake light. A complete wrong part had been put in. Flexible instead of solid. So the brake light was being left on. Part cost less than $2.00!
    But, it cost me a whole lot more, what with battery replacement, towing, etc. And grief. I was feeling exactly like you are! So. I wrote a "Google Review.". Total, day by day list of what happened from the day I took my car in until I had the matter settled. Did not post the review. I printed it out, took it to the garage manager, and told him I planned to post it, unless he wanted to handle the situation. He was very happy to accomodate me. Now maybe that was a woman's way to get justice? Don't know. But it gave me some satisfaction and I found a good place to take my car in the future. I do hope you get Sierra fixed.

    ReplyDelete