Morning Peace

Morning  Peace

7/14/23

Life Change Time Coming

 

Adventure Location: Decatur, Alabama

Date: July 14, 2023



This morning was devoted to a bit of house cleaning and then getting ready and going to the Optometrist for my new glasses fitting. The surgeon told me to wait about two weeks after his last exam then go for it on getting my eyesight life in order. Ordering new glasses is more of the real statement. So we did that this morning. It was an interesting happening with the OFM asking the doc things she did not expect which seemed to please her to have a patient actually know enough to ask decent questions. We had a few minutes of nice conversation.

After all that was finished we went and had lunch at Burger King and headed home. Computer piddle time took up a lot of the afternoon as the OFM tried to make sense of his future opportunities and what to do with himself. According to the SSA life expectancy table the OFM has about ten more decent years of kicking rocks down the road to use up somewhere. Where is our main question after 16 straight years of roaming already.

This evening here at Point Mallard we had an hour or so of serious rain storm jut pouring down on us.



Then over about ten minutes it dwindled and quit. Now it is a soggy mess outside.

For now anyway, the OFM is trying to decide what to do for the next few years. His SSA income is covering his cost of living pretty well since he lives so simple and his health is still very good for an OLD man. It seems that our life is finally getting straightened up since the two bad falls last summer recoveries got going.

Suggestions would be carefully considered for ways of trying to have tooooo much fun for an OLD fat man.

10 comments:

  1. Hard to figure out where to go these days - seems like it's hotter than usual and colder than usual, or wetter than usual or dryer than usual, EVERYWHERE. Unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take art lessons at a college or the like? You're pretty good right now but every body can learn more and learning more about something you already like is almost too much fun!
    You could always learn to carve? Pick up a branch, pull out your folding pocket knife and start whittling a chain? It might take a while to learn but think of the people who would stop to watch and talk!
    Is there anything you had in the back of your mind? Who knows what.. Photograph your great grandparent's grave stones? Find the Lost Dutchman mine? I know there are things hidden in the back of mine mind....
    Half a suggestion and a little humor..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It helps to get the thinking bubbles to floating around doesn't it. I tried carving years ago but Walmart kept running out of my size bandages.

      Delete
  3. I've got a suggestion, stop thinking about dying, that will happen without any planning or scheduling on your part, and think about doing what makes you happy, and only you know exactly what that is. And if you haven't figured out what makes you happy after 77; years ask yourself why.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where? That's the million dollar question. For years I have looked at all areas of interest. Even moved to AZ for a couple of years and moved back to Indiana. My blog in Feb 2021 explains why. I have looked at places I have lived before and all of them out west are either too crowed or too expensive. Things are always changing. I guess you can say my hounds and the dog keep me grounded where I am. Plus, I like where I am. But if you are looking for a new location ... that is a very hard question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My suggestion is to explore the dozens of Corps of Engineers campgrounds around Decatur which would be within an easy tow distance of less than 100 miles. Each would be a new place to explore, walk, visit, color, photograph, etc. And with the Senior Pass, it would be cheaper than the monthly rate at most RV campgrounds/State Parks. Seeing new things keeps everything charged up. Just my opinion. Be safe out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have paid attention to you my friend but my attention has had to be on making repairs to my body and then my ancient old rig. With luck my body repairs will be in full healing mode in a week. Then I have a major maintenance event for the rolling gear of the Castle to be done. Brakes, bearings, spring shackles etc have about 100,000 miles now and I can no longer get under the rig and do that stuff safely.

    ReplyDelete