HALFWAY BENCH

8/17/21

New Toys

 

Adventure Location: Decatur, Al.

Adventure Date: 8/17/2021

Click the pic to enlarge

Probable Rolling Date: 9-7-21



It has been a rather ho-hum day . The walk this morning was great at 74F with a hint of breeze. We did a bit over three miles at a good continuous pace for a change. Maybe the cooler air helped on that pace issue.

From this point forward it was a very laid back not a lot happening day. The peak of the excitement was when the last mail order of art supplies came in. We received a set of 120 colored pencils that should hold us for many months when added to the substantial pile we already have.





And then there was the small tin of pan watercolor paint. These are the best quality watercolor paints we have ever tried, so it could be a great learning experience.





We spent the nice afternoon looking into places to head off to when we get rolling in three weeks. This evening we hope to get back to the painting that is in progress as a nice way of trying to have tooooo much fun.

5 comments:

  1. Painting seems to give you a great way for having tooooo much fun.
    Three weeks sounds early to be leaving the area you are in.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. The art supply problem....so many colored pencils, so little time. I have the same art supply problem...though I've gotten a bit better the last year. By the way, my cataract surgery has resulted in crisp, clear 20/20 vision and I have been in awe of my daily life with seeing intense colors again. I didn't know how bad off I'd gotten. I knew it was bad, but.....like, my kitchen utensil drawer is gorgeous. As you present as "old" probably you have a cataract too. Don't let it go too long. I did. But I am one eyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cataract has been under close surveillance for about eight years now. It has not gotten nearly far enough along to do the surgery according to all of the doctors I have visited. The last one was about four months ago and she thought that it would be about 8 years still. I am not resisting the surgery at all.

      Delete
    2. Good! Then you're probably seeing pretty well. I was just amazed. It's like I'd had a camera lens over my eye that was not only foggy but also yellow. Ugh. Yeah. They'll tell you when it's time. I've been hearing it was time for about 5 years.

      Delete