HALFWAY BENCH

12/15/21

Mystery Bird Sketch

 

Adventure Location: Rockport,Texas

Adventure Date: 12-15-2021

Click the picture to enlarge it



Morning came too early and the OFM made an old man stop at the other end of the Castle and headed back to bed. Shortly after daylight he awoke again and the day was going. Soon we were at the beach park and the day was beautiful. Check out the crowd down there to greet us.



The OFM got going on the walk and his joints and muscles and attitude ended up getting us 2.75 miles of wonderful walking at a brisk pace. As we flew past the boat ramp area we grabbed a picture of this lone yakker headed out into Little Bay to catch tooooo many fish and lower the ocean levels around the world.



Carolyn commented yesterday about doing a painting of the mystery bird. The OFM said his want to is usually overwhelmed by his inabilities. Well by golly he was right and here is the four hours of sketch work proof.



By the way the mystery bird was identified by its white breast as an osprey. They run around this area regularly I found out.

A little shopping here and there and some meandering to get new pictures and the bird sketch chewed up most of the day so it was what's in the refrigerator salad night.





Chicken, tomatoes, bagged greens, white onions, and cooked potatoes all seasoned with BBQ sauce and cheap root beer to drink made a very good meal as it turned out.

Then after supper the OFM went nuts working on setting up our next painting effort. If it goes to the finish line it should only take about two weeks to a month to complete.

After all the efforts today, we are ready for a good nights sleep to replenish the OFM body from all the trying to have way tooooo much fun today.

4 comments:

  1. Wish i could walk briskly even for a mile. Loved the Osprey painting. I should try something like that. My Mom was an artist and maybe I have an art gene somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have an art gene, but the internet has lots of help in just plain old having fun screwing up art supplies.

      Delete
  2. It never occurred to me to put BBQ sauce on a salad. I always used Ranch dressing. Before I had to stop eating lettuce. Now I just put Ranch dressing on meats/vegetables. I should try BBQ sauce one of these days. Thanks for the idea.

    (It will be interesting to see of this posts. Lately Blogger has not liked me.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is generally the sweeter BBQ sauces I put on odd things. I also do not eat the hot spicy sauces any more. I met a lady at Whataburger that, like me when I ate them, prefers mustard on french fries.

      Delete