Morning Peace

Morning  Peace

6/14/23

Good Walk Today

Adventure Location:

Decatur, Alabama

Point Mallard Campground

Date: June 14, 2023

A very bad night of lower leg cramps and ankle pains gave the OFM a case of the worn outs that lasted until he took a nice nap a bit before noon. Then the OFM did some research about old folks and leg cramps. He found out that lots of old folks have major events of leg cramps often. From the reading it seems that the OFM needs to get back on his five bananas a week to solve the mineral deficiency that normally causes the cramps. So the evening shopping trip you will hear more about in a little bit, brought us home with bananas.

The morning weather was very nice and cool. The OFM almost put on a long sleeve walking shirt but didn't. It worked but he had to move a bit fast to stay warm at first. Here is a bit of the trail that was open enough that it was a little cool to be short sleeve only for your torso cover.



As usual we found a few nice flowers to view along the trails. This is one we really enjoy viewing every year. The colors were starting to fade a bit but we still enjoyed it.





When we got back from the over 2 miles walk our plans got a big change when a strong thunderstorms and significant rain began to fall and lasted until mid afternoon. But when it stopped it only took about 20 minutes for the skies to get clear and bright blue. Most of the puddles were gone quickly and we got on with our chores.

We had need to get over to the big Walmart to search for a new item.



The small shop vacuum cleaner we have been using in the Castle is really awkward and it is getting to need a new hose and the motor bearings squeal on start up. In our research for replacement for the over 20 year old shop vac we ran across a few folks that mention in their blogs that they use small house vacs since even a large RV is not really big compared to a house. The Castle is only 147 square feet total including the built in cabinets. So at Walmart we had a decent selection of units to choose from. This one came home with us.

Tomorrow is try it out day and we will see if the shop vac can go into retirement some place if the new concept works well. That would give us back a nice chunk of storage space under the bed. If any of our readers has experience on this issue we would really like to hear your experiences.

It is resting time to refuel the old body for trying to have tooooooo much fun tomorrow.

 

5 comments:

  1. I always keep mustard by my bed. A teaspoon or two stops a bad cramp within a minute. Athletes use mustard for cramps. Give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some years back I had a case of drinking water next to me when I drove to work, I had a bottle or two on the way in an again going home, no thought, it was there and I drank it. After I started this it took a week or so before I realized I was NOT waking up with leg cramps anymore. I had to think about it but drinking water was my only change.
    I now make a point to drink lot's of water during my day, if I am woken up with leg cramps now I can look back at the day & see that I didn't have much water. FWIW when I do wake up I go have a couple of large cups of water, the cramps go away & I go back to sleep.
    I leave a 16 oz cup of ice and water on the counter when I go to bed in case it's needed in the night, drink it down & refill it, drink this one slower and wait for the cramps to stop.
    More water worked for me & still does...

    A shopvac really shines when you have a wet mess to clean up, at those times having a way to suck up water is worth the hassle of storing a one gallon shop vac.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rob. I had a really unpleasant education in year 18 of my life about drinking a little more than enough water alllllllll the time. Your attitude about water is just like mine.

      Delete