7/6/26

Just Getting Along

 Madison, Alabama


Not a lot going on as usual but nothing planned either. The weather has warmed up to hot in the last couple of days so summer must be here. My son and his family stopped by for a nice long visit yesterday with big news. Both his kids have been approved for home schooling so they can  move faster on learning than the school schedule allows. That is a good move since they are extremely sharp kids.

In my world a desk drawer seam on a drawer broke and I have added splints glued to the drawer. When the glue cures we will see if I was successful with the repair or not.  Doing repairs without my home shop I had for years is a lot more difficult now. That was the big excitement for the last few months. Tomorrow is testing day and we shall see what is next. And that is all for now. Good Night OFM.

6 comments:

  1. Glad they were approved. Back in the day, we only had to send a statement to homeschool and we were on our own. Today the school districts, etc. have more control over homeschoolers with testing and such. May Gavin & Piper exceed all expectations now that the public schools are in their rearview mirror. Good luck to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree ... home schooling is the way to go nowadays. At least you know what they are being taught. Good job on the drawer repair ... I'm sure it will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your drawer repairs work the first time! When you mentioned "splints" I thought of popsicle sticks :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep two popsicle sticks and a wooden clothes pin supplied the splints needed.

      Delete
  4. I have known a lot of children that were Home Schooled and far exceeded others in their age group.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy having tooooo much fun.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete