header pic

header pic
Flint Creek Alabama

8/28/17

Stick Flinging

Adventure Location:  Decatur, Alabama

WOW We made it all the way through the day without needing the AC to cool us down! That was a nice change.The OFM made a decent trek of 2 miles around the park this morning and only had a light sweat showing. The nice cool breeze coming off Wheeler Lake and Flint Creek certainly was soothing.

Things in the OFM world have really slowed down a bunch. There is not a lot going on so blog entries will be short and/or intermittent in general. Tonight is a couple of pictures from in the park. The archery range has two sections. There is the field archery range where hunters can practice shooting at varied critter image targets at unmarked ranges. The OFM used to shoot field and target archery until shoulder injuries stopped him.

This next picture is of the target archery range. It is very well set up and even has a “tower” for the difficult downhill types of shots. Downhill shooting of a bow is a lot more difficult that it seems like it should be. In a couple of moments of glory in his teens, the OFM actually won a couple of local target archery tournaments. 



Along the trail this morning was a red topped toad stool that we at first thought someone had painted. When we stopped for a closer exam, it was the natural color of the toad stool. This was a first for the Teams.



Then just before we exited the woods along the river there was a small cluster of pretty yellow flowers calling for the OFM to photograph them. They turned out to be very pretty didn’t they.



Our current plan is to start playing some golf in September. Maybe something silly will happen that will be worth blogging about. We also have been keeping a list of things to do after school starts that look like they might good for trying to have tooooo much fun. ( ice skating is on the list)



11 comments:

  1. I myself went ice skating a few decades ago and I still have nightmares about the outcome. so make sure you tape a GoPro camera to your head before you go out on the ice to prove to your insurance company you weren't trying to comment suicide. unless of course your an excellent ice skater then we would all love to see the video.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so good I can do all sorts of acrobatic things that no other person in their right mind would even attempt.

      Delete
  2. Nice flower pic. Ice skating is a joke right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Barney. I have never seen a red mushroom, either, and I have seen lots of them. Yes, the yellow flower is pretty. I think your knees might be a problem for ice skating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice skating? for some reason I could never ice skate, sure could roller skate though, now I trip over imaginary dust. The flower looks like a wild orchid maybe so pretty what ever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics. I've never seen a red toad stool. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been having too much fun and the golfing will even help you have more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved roller skating. But the only time I was able to stay upright on ice skates is when I was pushing the hockey net around the arena. How strong are YOUR ankles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know now. Back in my 20s I ice skated a few times without troubles.

      Delete