header pic

header pic
Wild Rose Pass, Texas

3/15/17

Got Stuck

                         Adventure Location: Del Rio, Texas

Geocaching is a hobby many folks are involved in. The OFM was an early geocacher but grew away from it after a few years. It was a fun hobby. Today the OFM was out taking pictures and found a Geocache. It was a fun moment with lots of memories of times past. In this next photograph there is a Geocache under the rock on the top of the post.


While we were photographing flowers the OFM noticed that not only the flowers are going nut but the prickly pear cactus is putting on lots of new growth. Check out these new pear parts in progress. Before long these plants will be huge and ferocious.
 


The OFM managed to find one of those prickly pear pads while slopping around getting flower pictures. He quickly stopped all other activity other than removing spines from his shin bone. It hurt bad enough that he did not even consider taking a few extra moments to grab a picture or two. All energy was focused on removing spines RIGHT NOW. Late this evening as this is being written the puncture wounds are not hurting and only slightly reddened. Kicking prickly pear pads is not a good way of trying to have tooooo much fun.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like Spring has sprung in the dessert. It sure has here. I am going to post some wild flower pictures that I took today on tomorrow's blog posting. Pulling cactus spines out of your leg is not a good way of having too much fun. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those spines look deadly! I cannot stand any plant that has thorns or spines, and could never live in the desert. Those awful plants just have it out for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUCH! I carry hand sanitizer in my truck or purse. I had that happen and I just rubbed some in and it took the sting away pretty fast also kept it from turning red and swollen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures again but don't touch those things they hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do they come out by hand or did you need tools? The time I got stuck by a Teddy Bear Cactus I needed pliers to get them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These came out with tweezers from my do everything knife.

      Delete
  6. We used to geocache in the early days as well. We found hundreds. It was a ton of fun, but we grew away from it as well. Funny thing, yesterday, my daughter and I were biking at the state park and stopped at the amphitheater to rest. She said she wondered if that geocache was still there. She searched a little and sure enough, still in the same spot. We found it in 2010 when she was 7. Pretty cool she still remembered that. She said she'd like to do that some more. May need to revisit that old hobby again. Take care Barney.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cactus stickers are no fun. I had my share of them when we had our Congress House and I was out digging up and planting them. Ouch, Ouch, Ouch!!

    ReplyDelete